Wednesday, August 23

Why, oh, why did I rent it???

The entire 1st Season of "Lost" that is... holy shizzz....why did somebody not warn me.....all I can say: Lost is so freakin' addicting! Like I have said before, I don't usually get caught up in the all the hype...you know the hottest shows, the latest greatest thing. Actually I normally tend to avoid them like the plague. "Why?" you ask...because I know how I am....once I get wrapped up in something~it is all over. And I hate the idea of being committed to watching a certain program on a certain night at a certain time or face being totally out of the loop. That being said, I have been a tad curious how so many people could possibly be so caught up in "Lost". Well, that was until I made the mistake of renting discs 1 & 2 from the 1st season. That was this past Friday. It is now Wed. & I have already returned to the video store twice & finished all 16 episodes of season one. Uhmm...yeah, those 16 hours I spent glued to the TV might explain the 47 loads of laundry I need to do, or the 95 bills I need to pay, 715 dishes that I need to wash or the 17,000 square feet of floors I need to vacuum & mop. And yes, I am exaggerating just a tad but what can you expect..... My life seems so mundane after watching Dr. Jack Shepard use the spines of a sea urchin as intravenous needles for a blood transfusion or trying to figure out what's in the 'hatch'. I tell you, this show is completely mind-gripping...suspenseful...captivating....totally unrealistic....but it totally rocks all the same. And to make matters worse....I obviously haven't seen Season 2 yet. It comes out on DVD in September....and Season 3 starts the end of September..........I am sooooooo screwed.....

5 comments:

Greta Adams said...

okay here is some others if you aren't already addicted...

Grey's Anatomy
Desperate Housewives
and Veronica Mars..love VM..the second season just got released

Cheryl Wray said...

Tell me about it!! My dh bought me Season 1 on DVD for Christmas last year and we watched it non-stop and just LOVED it!! Then for season 2, we downloaded them from itunes after it aired. 2nd season is awesome too!!!! It's addictive!!

Dani said...

Lost is a lot of fun, and also extremely frustrating at times as well in that more questions keep being raised, rather than answered. Still, I'm going to be watching it again this season.

If you are ever interested, there's a great podcast by two Lost fans that I listed to after each show: http://www.deltaparkproject.com/

'Cuz part of the fun of watching it each week is finding a fellow fan to vent/chat about the episode with...

angieoh! said...

Dude, this is so wierd... I was just telling my husband that we should get the LOST dvd's and start watching that show. you are so my twin.

Misty said...

Lost really is something indescribable...

i would have warned you, if i had known you...

When it's season time, it controls my entire life.